Instructions for SoPro Integration
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Left click on Custom Keystrokes.
- Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and press the s key in the first blank spot so it shows like below.
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Sopro settings
- In top left corner select File then Setup.
- Navigate to the Shortcuts Tab
- Where Frame Capture is, set shortcut to the same Ctrl+S in step above. Hold Ctrl and press S.
- Navigate to the Color Images Tab
- Video Source: USB Video Device
- Ensure Return to live after capture is checked
Step 5 – All set!
Now, when you start and intraoral exam and press the capture button on the camera, you’ll be able to capture images to the patient record.