Instructions for Dentrix Ascend
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Dentrix Ascend. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
Use this link to begin the download: DOWNLOAD MOUTHWATCH CAPTURE
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Left click on Dentrix Ascend
- Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Dentrix Ascend
With a patient selected, navigate to imaging, from the top toolbar select acquire images.
- On the next page, select 2D Oral/Facial Photo Images from the left side and ensure Generic Intraoral Camera is selected as shown below.
Step 5 – Allow Camera Access if blocked
If you receive a message stating the browser cannot access your camera, you will need to follow these steps to allow camera access on your web browser.
- To the left of where you would type the website name in your browser will be a lock Icon, click this and select Site Settings
- Find Camera in the list and make sure it is set to Allow
- After allowing the camera you will just need to refresh your Dentrix Ascend page.
Step 5 – All set!