Instructions for VisionX
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with VisionX. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
- A menu will display. Left click on Twain to make the selection as shown below.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – VisionX
With a patient selected, navigate to the setup button located in the top right of the screen as shown below.
- Select Devices from the left hand side and press update at the bottom to update the list with Mouthwatch.
- Select Mouthwatch from the device list and hit configure underneath it.
- Select Device Settings
- Match your device settings to the photo below to ensure proper function.
- The setup is now done. You will use the Video Icon located on your top toolbar to begin taking photos on patients.
Step 5 – All set!