Instructions for Denttio
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
- A menu will display. Left click on Custom Keystrokes, fill first blank with SPACE by pressing Spacebar on keyboard and save.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Denttio
With a patient selected, navigate to imaging and select Capture Image from the top toolbar to launch the camera. When the camera opens, ensure USB Video Device is selected from the Capture Drivers drop down menu at the top of the page.
Step 5 – All set!
Now, when you start an intraoral exam and press the capture button on the camera, you’ll be able to capture images to the patient record.