Patients must accept an invitation to the patient portal to use the video call and messaging features with TeleDent. Patients or Guardians may join the patient portal via an email or an SMS/Text registration invitation. Inviting the patient via email or SMS/Text message notification will automatically send them a link to complete the patient portal registration.
Phone or Email Registration - New Patient
Option 1: Adding a New Patient from the Quick Create
1. Fill in required fields
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Invite to Patient Portal via: (choose one)
- SMS/ Text
- Do no Invite
- Fill in correlated field: email or mobile phone number
2. Click "Create"
Phone or Email Registration - Existing Patient
1. Navigate to the Patient page via the Icon on the navigation bar
2. Select the patient
3. From the task bar select "Account"
4. Select the Point of Contact from the drop down menu - Patient, Guardian or Emancipated Minor
NOTE: If assigning a guardian you must choose or add the guardian in the drop down menu
5. Select the registration method, either SMS/text or email.
6. Enter the correlating email and/or mobile phone number
7. Click "Save and Invite Patient to Register". This will send the patient an link to register.
8. Click "Save"