Instructions for Windows 10 Camera Application
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with the built-in Windows Camera Application found on Windows 10. This allows you to take intraoral photos without an imaging Program.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Left click on Apteryx
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the arrow in the photo above) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Launch Windows Camera App
Windows 10 includes a camera application.
- Click the Start Menu button in the lower-left corner.
- Select the Camera application from the list as shown below.
This will display the live video window. If you see your webcam, click the Switch Camera (circled red in below photo) in the top-right corner.
Each button press will capture a photo, saving to your Camera Roll in your Pictures library. Click the thumbnail in the lower-right for a quick shortcut to your captured photos.
Use the camcorder icon on the right to switch from photo to video mode.
Quick Tip: Create patient folders within the Camera Roll to organize your photos. If you don’t intend on saving the photos, you can delete what was taken after sharing the photos with the Patient.