Instructions for DBSWIN Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with DBSWIN Imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
Use this link to begin the download: DOWNLOAD MOUTHWATCH CAPTURE
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- A menu will display. Hover your mouse over Other Software and Left click on DBSWIN.
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Configure DBSWIN
- Select Video under the Config menu
- Select Video Source 1
- Control Method – WDM
- WDM Driver should be set to USB Video Device
Step 5 – Click on the Video Tab
- In the tab bar of DBSWIN, select the Video tab
- You’ll see video streaming and pressing the capture button will take stills
- These still images display on the left side as thumbnails and will save the patient record
Step 6 – All Set!