Instructions for TWAIN Driver Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with many leading systems using a TWAIN driver.
Step 1 – Download & Install the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the Button Capture Software program, following all steps in the guide
- Right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the system tray
- Select TWAIN from the Button Capture Software menu
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Install the TWAIN Driver
You will need to copy the TWAIN driver from the MouthWatch Capture program folder into the C:\Windows\twain_32 folder.
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\MouthWatch Capture\Prerequisites
- Copy the file VideoDS.ds
- Open C:\Windows\twain_32
- Paste the VideoDS.ds file into this folder
Step 5 – Launch Imaging Software
- Each program is different, but yours will likely look for a TWAIN device. Our TWAIN driver will be identified as Intraoral Camera Twain 1.9
- This will launch the TWAIN capture window
- Pressing the capture button on the camera will take a photo and store it to the patient chart
Step 7 – All Set!