Instructions for TWAIN Driver Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with many leading systems using a TWAIN driver.
Step 1 – Download & Install the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the Button Capture Software program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- A menu will display. Left click on Twain.
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Launch Imaging Software
- Each program is different, but yours will likely look for a TWAIN device. Our TWAIN driver will be identified as MouthWatch
- This will launch the TWAIN capture window
- Pressing the capture button on the camera will take a photo and store it to the patient chart
Step 7 – All Set!