Instructions for XDR Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with XDR imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/support/intraoral-camera-support/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
- Select XDR New or Old from the Button Capture Software menu, depending upon your version. (test out each to confirm proper function)
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor or USB hub has ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware “USB Video Device” was recognized.
Step 4 – Select Settings from the Menu
Click Settings on the left side of your screen
Step 5 – View Advanced Settings Tab
Within the Settings screen, click on the Advanced Settings tab at top
- Make sure that under Video Capture, WDM is selected.
- Click OK(SAVE)
Step 6 – Take a Fast Image
- Press Fast Image from the Main Menu
- Select Video
Step 7 – Set Video Details
- XDRs Video Capture window will display
- Select USB Video Device from the device menu
- Select 640x480 from the video size.
Step 8 – Capture Images
- Pressing the capture button will freeze and save images to the bottom of the screen
- Once you close out, you can then assign them to a patient record
Step 9 – All Set!
Make sure the MouthWatch Capture Button software is running in the system tray and set to XDR New or XDR Old.