Instructions for Dentrix Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Dentrix Image. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: www.mouthwatch.com/support/intraoral-camera-support/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Left click on Dentrix Image
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 4 – Install the Camera Driver
Navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\MouthWatch Capture\Drivers\Empia_25xx_Drivers
Determine if your computer is 32 bit or 64 bit (see link below to find out how)
(view second question)
- Open the 32 or 64 folder and run dpinst32.exe or dpinst64.exe
- During Installation, the driver may say it's unsigned. Allow it anyway.
- In the Device Manager, expand Imaging Devices and right click on USB Video Device
- Select Update Driver Software
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Select the Hi-Speed USB Video Grabber option under USB Video Device and click next
- Now, within Dentrix Image, under the Utilities menu and Capture Device tab, select the camera called Dentrix ImageCam USB
- Click on the Camera tab to confirm that video is coming through
- Click Standards and Tuning, then press the Default button under the color sliders
- All should look bright and clear in the video preview window
Step 5 – All set!
Now, when you start and intraoral exam and press the capture button on the camera, you’ll be able to capture images to the patient record.