Instructions for MiPACS Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with MiPACS. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 2 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 3 – Install the Proper Driver
Install the UVC Control application found here.
Step 4 – Install the MiPACS Video Plugin (if needed)
Install the MiPACS video plugin found here.
Step 5 – Configure MiPACS
- Click the Settings icon in the video plugin:
- Select Camera using UVC hardware triggering
- Select None for Control Device
- Activation/Deactivation Control - Set to the configuration show below:
- To begin a video exam, click on the Intraoral Camera Icon in the plugin:
- When the video capture window displays, press once to freeze, press again to save. You will see a thumbnail image on the right bar when the image has been saved.
You may need to configure MiPACS admin access to the Video plugin if you are an administrator and allowing a non-administrator to configure settings in the software.
Step 6 - All Set!