Instructions for MiPACS Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with MiPACS. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Use this link to begin the download: DOWNLOAD MOUTHWATCH CAPTURE
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- A menu will display, left click MiPacs
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Install the MiPACS Video Plugin (if needed)
Install the MiPACS video plugin found here.
Step 4 – Configure MiPACS
- Click the Settings icon in the video plugin:
- Select Camera using UVC hardware triggering
- Select None for Control Device
- Activation/Deactivation Control - Set to the configuration show below:
- To begin a video exam, click on the Intraoral Camera Icon in the plugin:
- When the video capture window displays, press once to freeze, press again to save. You will see a thumbnail image on the right bar when the image has been saved.
You may need to configure MiPACS admin access to the Video plugin if you are an administrator and allowing a non-administrator to configure settings in the software.
Step 5 - All Set!