Instructions for Kodak/Carestream Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Kodak Dental imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the Button Capture Software program, following all steps in the guide
- Right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the system tray
- Select Kodak from the Button Capture Software menu
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Install the Third Party Video Card Software
Kodak may not have been installed with the Third Party Video Card/Kodak 1000 Intraoral Camera function enabled.
- To install this functionality, download and install the below files, selecting all options during the installation:
- Run the installation and check the box for Third Party Video Capture and Kodak 1000 Intraoral Camera
- If you are running an older (32 bit) version on 64 bit computers, you may need to contact Carestream/Kodak support for an upgrade to the latest version
Step 5 – Tell Kodak You Are Using a Camera
Select the Options/Preference menu, then Camera tab
- Check the box that says Use a video capture source
Step 6 - Open a Patient Record
Once in the patient record, press F5 or press the Intraoral Camera button on the toolbar
- This will launch the video capture window
- Make sure to click the Refresh Colors button.
Step 7 – Capture Images
As long as the MouthWatch Button Capture program is running and set to Kodak Fast, clicking the capture button will take a photo. Once done, exit the capture window and assign images to the patient record.
Step 8 – All Set!