Instructions for Kodak/Carestream Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Kodak Dental imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the Button Capture Software program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the system tray
- Select Kodak from the Button Capture Software menu
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Install the Third Party Video Card Software
Kodak may not have been installed with the Third Party Video Card/Kodak 1000 Intraoral Camera function enabled.
- To install this functionality, download and install the below files, selecting all options during the installation:
- The STV file links need to be right-clicked and "Save as..." selected to download. Left click does not work to start the download.
- Run the installation and check all boxes in the installs.
- If you are running an older (32 bit) version on 64 bit computers, you may need to contact Carestream/Kodak support for an upgrade to the latest version
Step 5 – Tell Kodak You Are Using a Camera
Select the Options/Preference menu, then Camera tab
- Check the box that says Use a video capture source
Step 6 - Open a Patient Record
Once in the patient record, press F5 or press the Intraoral Camera button on the toolbar
- This will launch the video capture window
- Make sure to click the Refresh Colors button.
Step 7 – Capture Images
As long as the MouthWatch Button Capture program is running and set to Kodak, clicking the capture button will take a photo. Once done, exit the capture window and assign images to the patient record.
Step 8 – All Set!