Instructions for SIDEXIS 4.X Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Sidexis imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Confirm Your Version of SIDEXIS
- When launching Sidexis take note of the version in the lower right corner
Step 2 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- A menu will display. Left click on Sidexis 4.xx
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 3 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 4 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 5 – Select a patient
- From the tabs at the top of the homepage select your patient
Step 6 – Launch video acquisition
With the exposure tab selected, click on the intraoral wand at the bottom right of the screen.
Now, the Live Video windows will display.
- With the MouthWatch Button Capture software running in the system tray, set to Sidexis, each click of the capture button on the MouthWatch camera will save a thumbnail image to the side of the main image
- Click the X button when done capturing images and assign them to the patient record
Step 7 - All set!