Instructions for Prof.Suni Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Prof.Suni imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
*Prof.Suni does not require the MouthWatch Button Capture Software.
Step 1 –Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 2 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert in the system tray saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 3 – Select Video Device Type
From the Prof.Suni Imaging home screen, click TOOLS > SELECT VIDEO DEVICE TYPE
You will see this screen:
- Select Direct Video
- Click OK, go to Step 4
NOTE: If no Video Devices are supported in your installation of Prof.Suni, you will need to run the original Prof.Suni installation CD-ROM and select DirectVideo Video Devices from the Imaging Devices screen. Then complete the installation of Prof.Suni.
Step 4 – Capturing An Image
Open a patient record and click on the Capture Video button:
- Press OK
- After pressing OK, a live video stream should appear in the window.
- If not, click Video Devices and make sure USB Video Device is selected
- If USB Video Device is not an option, make sure the MouthWatch camera is plugged into a powered USB port on your computer and try again.
Before the capture button will work on the camera, you will need to follow these steps:
- In the Direct Video window, click Video Options -> Still Pin and Other Video Sizes
- Select I want to capture from the Still Pin
- Set the resolution to 640x480
- Click OK
Step 5 - All Set!
Now, clicking the capture button will save images to the sidebar as thumbnails. Once you click Done they will be assigned to the patient record.