Instructions for Dexis Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Dexis imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
- Install the program, following all steps in the guide
- Select Dexis > T SPACE from the Button Capture Software menu
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Set Dexis Preferences
From the Dexis home screen, click on the wrench icon at top right
- A Tools and Preferences window will display
- Select the DEXImage tab on this screen
- (If you have not paid for DexIMAGE, you will need to speak with your Dexis rep about unlocking this module)
- Under Video Hardware select WDM 640x480
- Under Video Hardware, select USB Video Device
- This may not be possible until the second time you use the camera
- Click Done
Now, select a patient:
The Dexis imaging window appears. Click on the intraoral camera icon:
The Live Video window appears
- Press the capture button on the MouthWatch Intraoral Camera
- You will then see a thumbnail image on the right side of the capture window
- When you close out, the images will be saved to the patient record
Step 5 - All Set!