Instructions for Dexis Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Dexis imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
Use this link to begin the download: DOWNLOAD MOUTHWATCH CAPTURE
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Hover your mouse over Dexis and left click on Dexis 9
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware USB Video Device was recognized.
Step 4 – Set Dexis Preferences
From the Dexis home screen, click on the wrench icon at top right
- A Tools and Preferences window will display
Select the DEXImage tab on this screen
- (If you have not paid for DexIMAGE, you will need to speak with your Dexis rep about unlocking this module)
- Under Video Hardware select WDM 640x480 or 1920x1080 (Plus+ Camera Only)
Under Video Hardware, select USB Video Device
- This may not be possible until the second time you use the camera
- Click Done
Now, select a patient:
The Dexis imaging window appears. Click on the intraoral camera icon:
The Live Video window appears
- Press the capture button on the MouthWatch Intraoral Camera
- You will then see a thumbnail image on the right side of the capture window
- When you close out, the images will be saved to the patient record
Step 5 - All Set!