Instructions for Dexis 10 Integration
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Dexis imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide
Install the program, following all steps in the guide
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen
- A menu will display. Highlight over Dexis and left click on T
Quick Tip: If you don’t see the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 2 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 3 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware “USB Video Device” was recognized.
Step 4 – Set Dexis Preferences
From the Dexis home screen, click on the wrench icon at top right
- A Tools and Preferences window will display
- Select Video Acquisition
- Primary and Secondary Device should say Any Device
- Click Apply and OK
- IMPORTANT: If you attempt to open the camera and receive a black screen or a DirectShow error message, you will need to Uncheck VMR9 Rendering
Step 5 – Capture Intraoral Photos
With a patient record selected, the screen with quadrants will display. At the top right, click on the Circle button to begin the video stream:
Now, the Live Video windows will display.
- With the MouthWatch Button Capture software running in the system tray, set to Dexis 10, each click of the capture button on the MouthWatch camera will save a thumbnail image to the side of the main image.
- Click the X button when done capturing images and assign them to the patient record.
Step 6 - All Set!