TeleDent can be used on multiple devices/platforms:
- Web app - The web app is cloud based and can be accessed by providers from their internet browser at teledent.mouthwatch.com. While the web app is intended mainly for use by providers, patients may also access the patient portal here as well.
- Mobile app - The mobile app for tablets and smartphones can be downloaded and used by patients to communicate with their providers.
- Desktop app - The desktop app enables data to be captured and stored offline and uploaded later through a syncing process. It is intended for provider users only and is used for mobile dentistry when a provider does not have access to wifi. Download here.
To take full advantage of all TeleDent’s features, you need to do the following prior to logging on:
- Connect to a reliable internet source for web app use.
- Instruct patients to install the mobile app on their smartphone and/or tablet.
- Download the desktop app for collecting data offline.
- Make sure you are working on a Windows10 device when using the desktop app.
- Purchase a MouthWatch intraoral camera for capturing images.
- Download the MouthWatch Button Capture Software for capturing intraoral photos on your
- MouthWatch camera. Access code can be found in the camera packaging.
Configuring Browser Settings
You may need to adjust the settings in your browser if your intraoral camera does not automatically connect.
Click the camera icon on the right side of your browser bar.
This will open your camera settings. Click the “Manage” button.
Select USB Video Device (or desired camera) from the drop-down menu.
You might need to refresh the webpage to implement the change in settings.
The first time you launch the capture feature Firefox will ask for permission to access your camera. Make sure that USB Device is selected from the drop-down menu and click “Allow.”
Make a note of this decision in case you need to switch cameras.