To create a new patient, do the following:
1. From the Patient Page, click “Add New Patient.”
2. Enter required information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
3. Enter optional information:
- SMS/Text Mobile Phone Number
4. Assign a practice for the patient from the drop-down menu (optional).
5. Select Patient Portal options from the following:
- Do Not Invite
6. Click “Create” to save.
The patient will now appear in the TeleDent patient list.
|Note: The option to invite a patient to the Patient Portal can only be used when a valid email address or phone number is entered in the patient record.|
|Note: New patients can also be added through the Quick Action feature as well as the Quick Create buttons on the Dashboard. Click here for instructions on how to create a new patient through Quick Action.|
Editing a Patient Record
Once a patient has been added, you can edit and expand their record as needed.
To do so, do the following:
1. From the Patient Page, locate the patient using the Search Bar.
2. Click on the patient name to pull up their record.
3. Use the fields in each panel to enter or edit the patient’s information:
- Personal Information
- Insurance Information
- Emergency Contact
- Health Information
- Assigned Practices
4. To upload documents to the patient record, click “Add Document” in the Documents panel and select the file from your device.
5. To add a note to the patient record, click “Add Note” in the Notes panel.
6. In the pop-up window, enter a title and body text for your note.
7. Click “Add Note” to save.
8. Click “Save” to save your edits to the patient record.
Inviting to the Patient Portal
If you did not already invite the patient to the Patient Portal when creating, click on "Account". This will open navigate to the page to invite the patient or option to select a guardian.
1. Select the Point of Contact from the drop down menu
- Guardian (see instructions below)
- Emancipated Minor
2. Select the preferred registration method
3. Fill in related fields: email and/or mobile phone number
4. Click on "Save and Invite Patient to Register". This will automatically send the patient an invitation to register for the portal.
5. Click on "Save"
Inviting a Guardian to the Patient Portal
1. Select "Guardian" in the drop down menu
2. Select the Reason for Guardianship
3. Select a Guardian
- If the Guardian information is in TeleDent select from the drop down menu
- If the Guardian is NOT in TeleDent, select "Add a New Guardian"
4. Complete the required fields
- First Name
- Last Name
- Guardian date of birth
- Choose from email, SMS/Text or "Do not invite" to the patient portal
- Complete the email address and/or the mobile phone number
5. Click "Create"
6. Click "Save"
Archiving and Reactivating a Patient
Archiving a patient removes them from the patient and chat list. An archived patient cannot be messaged. They can be reactivated at any time to restore their patient record and messaging capabilities.
To archive a patient do the following:
1. From the patient record page, click the three dots icon and select Archive Patient from the drop-down menu.
2. In the pop-up window click “Confirm.”
|Note: Patients with open tasks and upcoming appointments cannot be archived. Close out any open tasks and cancel any upcoming appointments to enable the archiving feature.|
To reactivate a patient, do the following:
1. From the Patient Page, click “Advanced Search Options.”
2. In the pop-up window fill out known patient details.
3. Select the Archived or All option for the search criteria.
4. Click “Search.”
5. Open the patient record.
6. Click the three dots icon and select Reactivate Patient from the drop-down menu.
When the patient is reactivated their record will be restored to the patient list and their chats will appear in message history.