Instructions for Romexis Planmeca integration(Twain)
MouthWatch cameras easily integrate with Romexis Imaging software. Use the MouthWatch camera to capture images of the patient and store them directly into the patient record.
Step 1 – Download the Button Capture Software
- Go to: https://www.mouthwatch.com/intraoral-cameras/getting-started/ and download our Button Capture Software.
- View the installation guide on the support page
- Once you install the software, right click on the MouthWatch Capture icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
Important: If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ make sure to install the required driver by checking the box at this step:
- A menu will display. Left click on Twain
Quick Tip: If you dont use the MouthWatch Capture icon, click the ^ button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo below) to expand the System Tray. You can drag and drop the icon from the expanded System Tray down to your Taskbar.
Step 3 – Plug in the MouthWatch Camera
Make sure that you plug the USB connector into a powered USB port. Sometimes, these are located on the front or back of the computer. If your monitor has USB ports, these may not be powered.
If setting up a MouthWatch Plus+ use a USB 3.0 port.
Step 4 – Windows Recognizes the Camera
Once the MouthWatch camera is plugged in, you should see a small alert on the bottom saying that New Hardware "USB Video Device" was recognized. Confirm the MouthWatch Capture icon is blue as shown above. If it is orange, try a different USB port.
Step 5 – Select a patient
After launching your dolphin imaging software, you will be taken to your patients directory. From here choose your patient for the exam.
After selecting your patient, navigate to Capture/Scan.
Step 7 – Start video
Select the new Mouthwatch Twain icon you created.
- Click the capture button on the Mouthwatch camera to capture and save an image.
- Click the “EXIT” button when done capturing images.
- All set!